100 Traditional & Unique Hispanic & Mexican Girl Names For Your Baby
Mexican girl names have become popular even in non-Hispanic places, thanks to world-famous Mexican telenovelas (TV soap operas).
For example, the actress Thalía starred in leading roles in “Rosalinda,” “María Mercedes,” “María la del Barrio,” and “Marimar.”
These Mexican TV shows were aired worldwide, dubbed in different languages, or aired as remakes. For example, “Betty La Fea” was recreated as “Ugly Betty” in the US. (1)
So, it’s not surprising that the characters in these shows also became popular names.
You can pick the perfect name for your little girl from our list below.
The Most Popular Baby Names For Girls
- Meaning: Favor or grace
- Description: It’s also popular as a middle name.
- Meaning: Sweet
- Description: This name hails from Spain and also has similar meanings to the English words “dolce” and “dulcet” (pleasant).
- Meaning: Shining light or torch
- Description: It’s from the Greek name “Helene.”
- Meaning: Moon
- Description: Luna is the moon goddess in Roman mythology.
- Meaning: Beloved or wished for child
- Description: It’s a popular traditional name because of its links to the mother of Jesus, the Virgin Mary.
- Meaning: Good mother
- Description: It can also be spelled as “Maia.”
- Meaning: Beloved
- Description: It can also mean “mine.”
- Meaning: Olive tree
- Description: It’s the female form of “Oliver.”
- Meaning: Princess
- Description: It’s also stylized as “Sarah.”
- Meaning: Wisdom
- Description: It’s the female form of “Sophus.”
- Meaning: Hardworking
- Description: It comes from “amal” (work).
- Meaning: Song
- Description: It can also mean “vineyard.”
- Meaning: Pure
- Description: It’s the Hispanic form of “Katherine.”
- Meaning: Devoted to God
- Description: It’s from “Elisheva,” a Hebrew name.
- Meaning: Emerald
- Description: This exotic name is popular as one of the characters of “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.”
- Meaning: Chaste and motherly
- Description: It can also mean “captivating.”
- Meaning: Hyacinth (flower name)
- Description: It’s from the Greek word “hyakinthos” (hyacinth).
- Meaning: Youthful
- Description: It also means “love’s child.”
- Meaning: Star of the sea
- Description: It can also mean “brightness of the sun.”
- Meaning: Named for the Virgin Mary
- Description: It’s from Mary’s title, “Our Lady of Guadalupe.”
What’s A Beautiful Mexican Girl Name?
- Meaning: Noble
- Description: It also means “exalted.”
- Meaning: Pretty little one
- Description: It also means “beautiful” and “lively.”
- Meaning: Song of joy
- Description: It’s the female variant of the Latin male name “Carolus.”
- Meaning: Free one
- Description: It’s the female form of “Francisco.”
- Meaning: Glory or praise
- Description: It’s from the Virgin Mary’s title as María da Gloria (Glorious Mary).
- Meaning: Consecrated to God
- Description: It’s also spelled as “Isabella.”
- Meaning: Light
- Description: It’s sometimes styled as “Luciana.”
- Meaning: Daisy flower or cluster of blossoms
- Description: It also means “pearl.”
- Meaning: Noble woman or aristocrat
- Description: It’s the female form of “Patrick” or “Patricius.”
- Meaning: Red as a rose
- Description: It’s the Hispanic form of “Rose.”
Female Versions Of Favorite Baby Boy Names
- Meaning: Man’s defender
- Description: It’s the Mexican female form of “Alexander.”
- Meaning: Courageous
- Description: It also means “womanly.”
- Meaning: Praiseworthy
- Description: It can also mean “beautiful” or “priceless.”
- Meaning: Servant for the temple
- Description: It’s the female form of “Camilo.”
- Meaning: God’s my strength
- Description: It’s the female version of “Gabriel.”
- Meaning: God is gracious
- Description: It’s the female version of “Juan” or “John.”
- Meaning: Renowned warrior
- Description: It’s the female version of “Luis.”
- Meaning: Who is like God?
- Description: It’s the female form of “Michael” or “Miguel.”
- Meaning: Strong
- Description: It’s the female form of “Valentine.”
- Meaning: One who hears
- Description: It’s the female form of “Simeon.”
Mexican Girl Names That Start With A
- Meaning: April
- Description: It also means “to open.”
- Meaning: Noble and kind
- Description: It also means “little Adele.”
- Meaning: Sweet
- Meaning: Dark
- Description: It’s the female form of “Adrian.”
- Meaning: Wise
- Description: It can also mean “noble.”
- Meaning: High grace
- Description: It alludes to the Virgin Mary’s high grace.
- Meaning: Flower
- Description: It also means “unfading.”
- Meaning: Promised by God
- Description: It also means “child of the moon.”
- Meaning: Perfection
- Meaning: Golden
Rare & Unique Mexican Names
- Meaning: Swallow
- Meaning: The queen
- Meaning: Joy or happiness
- Meaning: Lovable or beloved summer
- Meaning: Darling or beloved
- Meaning: The morning dew
- Meaning: Innocent
- Meaning: Sunshine or eastern wind
- Meaning: Solitude
- Meaning: God’s gift
Indigenous & Native Mexican Names
- Meaning: Blessing
- Meaning: Dusk
- Meaning: Fog
- Meaning: Star
- Meaning: Clever
- Meaning: Water that is born
- Meaning: Small plant
- Meaning: Owner of the stars and water
- Meaning: Pretty
- Meaning: Has a heart
Gender-Neutral Mexican Names
- Meaning: God‘s love
- Meaning: Love
- Meaning: Blue
- Meaning: Bethlehem (Jesus’ birthplace)
- Meaning: God is my judge
- Meaning: God has answered
- Meaning: God is my strength
- Meaning: Sky or heaven
- Meaning: Lunar eclipse
- Meaning: Bright
Cute Mexican Baby Girl Names
- Meaning: Nourishing
- Description: It’s from the Latin word “almus” (nourishing) but can also mean “young woman” in Hebrew.
- Meaning: Altar of the sky
- Description: It can also mean “heavenly homemaker.”
- Meaning: White or fair
- Description: It’s the Mexican form of “Blanche.”
- Meaning: God will multiply
- Description: It’s the Mexican female form of “Joseph.”
- Meaning: Sorrows
- Description: It’s taken from one of the Virgin Mary’s titles, Nuestra Señora de los Dolores (Our Lady of Sorrows).
- Meaning: Dove
- Description: It’s from the Latin term “palumba” (pigeon or dove).
- Meaning: Forest or wood
- Description: It’s the female form of “Silvius,” a Roman name.
- Meaning: She who brings victory
- Description: It’s from the Latin name “Berenice” (true image).
- Meaning: Victory
- Description: It’s the feminine form of “Victor.”
- Meaning: Violet or a violet flower
- Description: It’s from the medieval French name “Yolande.”
Strong Mexican & Aztec Female Names
- Meaning: Noble
- Description: It can also mean “serene” or “quiet.”
- Meaning: Aztec goddess of rivers and streams
- Meaning: Our mother
- Description: It represents fertility and childbirth.
- Meaning: Aztec earth and water goddess
- Meaning: Rain
- Meaning: Aztec goddess of the hearth fire
- Meaning: Mayan rainbow goddess
- Meaning: Aztec moon goddess
- Meaning: Aztec earth goddess
- Meaning: You’ll always be loved
What’s The Most Hispanic Girl Name?
Maria can be considered the most Hispanic girl name.
Hispanic and Latina names are related to cultures with roots in countries like Spain, Mexico, Guatemala, Portugal, Honduras, Costa Rica, Colombia, Argentina, Ecuador, and other Central and South American places.
Many parents in the US choose Hispanic or Latina spellings of common English names because they think these are elegant.
What’s A Spanish Name For A Girl?
“Girl” is “Niña” in the Spanish language. Some people think it can also be a beautiful name for their baby. It can be used both as first and middle names.
What’s The Rarest Girl Name?
There are many rare and unique names, so the rarest girl names can easily change.
“Alora” (my dream) is among the rarest names, but the Aztec girl names above are also rarely used nowadays.
What Is A Good Name For A Latina Girl?
Popular names for a Latina girl can include the following: