What Did Crate And Barrel Recall?
On December 15, 2022, Crate and Barrel announced the voluntary recall of Thornhill Dark Brown and Natural Baby Cribs over fall and entrapment risks. (1)(2)
The mattress support pins in the cribs can become loose, possibly causing the mattress to fall. This can pose a fall hazard, according to the safety notice issued by the company, also posted on the CPSC (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission) website. (1)(2)
If the mattress falls, your child’s legs or arms might also get trapped between the crib’s wooden slats.
About 280 units of these recalled Crate and Barrel cribs were sold and distributed in the US, while around five were sold in Canada. (2)
To date, there have been six reports of the mattress support pins falling out of the crib or not fitting correctly. Thankfully, no injuries have been reported. (2)
Which Crate And Barrel Crib Products Are Included & How To Identify Them?
This Crate and Barrel recall only affects the Thornhill Dark Brown and Natural Baby Cribs sold from September 2021 through October 2022 online through crateandbarrel.com. (1)(2)
Based on the recall announcement, cribs sold in other shops, such as Amazon, aren’t included in this recall.
All the affected cribs have a dark brown wash finish on the wood parts and gold-capped feet.
Check the mattress support board for the crib’s model number: SKU 304-903 (stock-keeping unit).
NOTE: Thornhill Dark Brown and Natural Baby Cribs with SKU 566-701 sold before September 2021 aren’t included in this recall.
The recalled cribs were imported by Euromarket Designs, Inc. d.b.a. Crate and Barrel, of Northbrook, Illinois.
What To Do With The Recalled Crate And Barrel Crib & How To Get A Refund
For a full refund or replacement and more information, you can contact Crate and Barrel through these channels: (1)(2)
- Text: 312-779-1979
- Call: 800-967-6696 from Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT or Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. through 6 p.m. CT
- Recall website: www.crateandbarrel.com/customer-service/product-recalls
- Official website: www.crateandbarrel.com, then click on “Recalls” found at the bottom of the page
Is It Still Safe To Use The Recalled Crate And Barrel Crib?
No. Even if the Thornhill Dark Brown and Natural Baby Crib you have at home looks fine, stop using it immediately.
The support pins can fall anytime, causing the crib mattress to fall. This can hurt your baby.
Crate And Barrel Crib Recall FAQs
Where Are Crate And Barrel Cribs Made?
According to the CPSC‘s safety notice, these recalled cribs were made in Vietnam. (1)(2)
Crate & Barrel – A Solid Brand
Crate And Barrel is a well-known furniture brand with more than 100 stores and franchise partners, not just in the US but in a total of nine countries. They offer furniture in modern, antique, and mid-century styles.
Some gift ideas for home and nursery furniture or decor sold by Crate and Barrel you can choose for their functionality:
- Sectional sofas
- Decorations (e.g., for Hanukkah, Christmas, etc.)
- Scented candles and diffusers (e.g., NEST New York)
Where Can I Get Crate And Barrel Replacement Parts?
Visit Crate and Barrel furniture shops or place your order online through crateandbarrel.com.
What’s The Crate And Barrel Dakota Bench Recall?
In December 2017, over 6,800 units of Crate and Barrel Dakota Benches were recalled because the products can tip over, posing a fall hazard. (3)
Is Storkcraft Sold On Crate And Barrel?
No. Storkcraft is a different furniture brand and isn’t sold on Crate and Barrel.
Other Recent Baby Product Recalls & Safety Warnings
Check these comprehensive lists of product recalls by category:
- Stroller recalls (2020 to 2023)
- Recalled toys list (2020 to 2023)
- Baby formula recall (2001 to 2022)
- Baby food recall (2015 to 2022)
- Pacifier recall (2019 to 2022)
- Baby wipes recall (2014 to 2022)
Other individual product recalls:
- Avanos Ballard infant ventilator system recall (2023)
- Walker Edison bunk bed recall (2023)
- Sakar’s Tony Hawk helmet recall (2023)
- Kindred Bravely bamboo nursing hoodie recall (2023)
- Cybex recall (2023)
- Patagonia recall (2023)
- Safety 1st recall (2023)
- Maxi Cosi recall (2023)
- Lancaster high chair recall (2023)
- Fabuloso cleaning products recall (2023)
- PJ Salvage pajamas (2023)
- Target blanket recall (2022)
- Laundress recall (2022)
- Bentex children’s clothing recall (2022)
- Otteroo infant flotation ring safety warning (2022)
- Green Sprouts sippy cup recall (2022)
- Parent’s Choice wipes removal from shelves (2022)
- Toddleroo cabinet latch recall (2022)
- 4moms Rockaroo recall (2022)
- NUK glass bottle recall (2022)
- BIBS bottle recall (2022)
- Winter Water Factory baby clothes recall (2022)
- Babyganics bubble bath product recall (2022)
- Frigg pacifier recall (2022)
- Maxi Cosi Pria 85 recall (2021)
You can also monitor local reports and social media posts for recent recalls and safety alerts.