Kidoozie Play Tent Recall 2022
Several styles of fabric Kidoozie play tents and playhouses were recalled on July 28, 2022, for failure to meet the industry flammability standard for these products and possibly posing a risk of burn injuries to children. (1)
The play tents were recalled in the US and Canada. (1)(2)
According to the recall advisory released by the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission), around 251,600 Kidoozie fabric play tents and playhouses had been sold in the US, and about 37,200 were sold in Canada. (1)
These were sold from March 2014 through March 2022 for around $30 to $35 at the following outlets: (1)
- Toys R Us
- Barnes & Noble
- Other independent toy stores
Thankfully, no injuries or other safety incidents have been reported relating to this tent recall in the US or Canada. (1)(2)
How To Identify The Recalled Kidoozie Play Tents
The following product names for the Kidoozie play tents and playhouses are included in the recall: (1)
- Pop Up Theater Tent
- Pop Up Theater Tent (Red)
- Ice Castle Tent
- My Clubhouse
- Pirate Den Playhouse
- Princess Hideaway Playhouse
- Royal Castle Playhouse
- King Size Medieval Castle
All these recalled products have a sewn-in label that reads “Epoch Everlasting Play” on the underside.
They’re made of nylon and mesh and come with a nylon storage bag.
All these play tents and playhouses measure about 36 inches squared in width and are around 54 inches high, except the King Size Medieval Castle, which measures around 43 inches square in width and is around 55 inches high.
What To Do If You Have Recalled Kidoozie Play Tents At Home
Immediately remove these recalled play tents from your child’s nursery or bedroom, keep them away from your kids’ reach, and contact Epoch Everlasting Play to get your full refund or product replacement through the following channels: (1)
- Phone: 800-631-1272 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday
- Email: [email protected]
- Official recall website: epocheverlastingplay.com/recalls
- Brand’s official website: epocheverlastingplay.com, then click on “Recalls” located on the top menu to get more information
Can Your Kids Still Use The Recalled Kidoozie Play Tents If These Look Alright?
No. We don’t recommend letting your children play with the recalled play tents until you get the replacement from Epoch Everlasting Play.
While your child’s play tent might look alright, it has flammability and burn risk (if included in the recall). It’s best to keep it away from their reach while you wait for the toy company’s response.
Safety With Toys
- Always make sure to check for toy recalls and other safety alerts before choosing your children’s toys.
- Stay updated about recalled toys for products you already have at home.
- Choose age-appropriate toys because these follow certain safety regulations for their age. For example, toys for children younger than three years old are designed to be free from choking risks.
- It’s also best to check for possible suffocation, laceration, cut, or other injury risks.
- Toys should also be made of non-toxic, non-hazardous materials to keep your children safe.
Always check to see if the toys are free from:
- BPA (bisphenol-A)
- BPS or bisphenol-S
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
- Cadmium, lead, and other heavy metals
- Formaldehyde polystyrene or styrofoam
- Carcinogenic dyes (e.g., AZO dyes)
- Flame retardant chemicals, including PBDEs (polybrominated diphenyl ethers), OPFRs (organophosphate flame retardants), TDCPP or tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl)phosphate, HBCD (hexabromocyclododecane), TBBPA (tetrabromobisphenol A), and TCEP or tris(2-chloroethyl)phosphate
Our Recommendations For Toys
- Baby toys
- Educational toys
- Educational toys for toddlers
- Educational toys for 2-year-olds
- Educational toys for 3-year-olds
- Montessori baby toys
- Montessori climbing toys
- Montessori toys
- Montessori toys for toddlers
- Montessori toys for 1-year-olds
- Montessori toys for 3-year-olds
- Montessori toys for 4-year-olds
- Montessori wooden toys
- Outdoor toys for 1-year-olds
- Toys for 1-year-olds
- Toys for 2-year-olds
- Toys for 6-year-old boys
- Wooden educational toys
Other Toy Recalls
Here’s a list of other recalled toys:
- Skip Hop Activity Center’s toy recall (2023)
- Calico Critters recall (2023)
- Kids Preferred Disney character figurines recall (2023)
- HABA recall (2022)
- Target toy recall (2022)
- Monti Kids recall (2022)