What’s The Purpose Of The Snuggle Me Lounger?
The Snuggle Me Organic Infant Lounger is a unique lounging pad designed to mimic your womb and hug your baby’s full body. It’s achieved by the flat, foamless (unpadded) center that creates a sling-like effect to pull the plush, thick sides towards the center.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
This creates a snuggling sensation that might calm and comfort your little one.
Snuggle Me claims that they’re the inventors of the original baby loungers and the leader in safety for this baby product category.
Like other baby loungers, the Snuggle Me is a baby product that gives extra support when you need another pair of arms to hold your baby.
Thanks to this lounger and other similar products, parents like you can relax for a while and rest your tired arms. Plus, they also provide your baby with a comfortable space for tummy time and playing.
Is The Snuggle Me Organic Infant Lounger Worth It?
With a price starting at $109 for the infant lounger with regular linens and $149 for the ones with quilted linens, these baby products can be costly, especially for new parents who also have to buy other baby essentials.
However, many parents still consider these baby loungers worth their money because these are made with GOTS-certified organic cotton fabrics. GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certification means that a product is certified to be organic, has a minimum of 70% organic fibers, and is free from toxic chemicals. (1)
They’re hypoallergenic and made of breathable fabrics for your peace of mind.
Plus, the brand also claims that their products have no reports of any infant injury or safety incidents received through their hotline or government agencies like the CPSC (US Consumer Product Safety Commission) and Health Canada.
WARNING: Baby loungers, including Snuggle Me Organic, and similar products (inclined sleepers, swings, rockers, and positioners) should never be used as sleep devices. Their thick sides and/or inclined angle can increase your baby’s suffocation risks.
However, these products can still be safe if used properly and with adult supervision at all times.
Snuggle Me Organic Baby Loungers
This brand offers two types of baby loungers:
- Snuggle Me Infant Loungers (for 0 to 8+ months old) – $109 to $149
- Snuggle Me Toddler Loungers (for 9+ months old) – $155
Continue reading to learn more about these Snuggle Me baby loungers below.
Snuggle Me Infant Loungers
- Infant lounger (for 0 to 8+ months old) with regular linens – $109
- Infant lounger (for 0 to 8+ months old) with quilted linens – $149
What Makes It Special?
- These baby loungers are non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and breathable.
- Their special center sling design creates a cocooning effect and mimics cuddling to tuck your baby in.
- They’re made of organic cotton fabric with GOTS certification.
- The brand claims that none of their baby loungers had reports of infant injury or safety incidents to the CPSC, Health Canada, or their hotline.
Color and print options available for the infant loungers:
- Quilted buttercream
- Quilted fawn
- Quilted dahlia
- Quilted fog
- Quilted linen
Materials & Safety Features:
- Material: GOTS-certified organic cotton with virgin polyester fiberfill
- Safety: GOTS-certified to be free from toxic chemicals such as flame retardants
- Age Suitability: 0-9 months old
- Machine-washable Pillow/Lounger: Yes
- Removable & Machine-washable Covers: Yes
Other Specifications & Special Features
- Dimensions: 29 x 4 x 18 inches
- Warranty: Six months
- Quality Or Safety Certifications: GOTS for organic, non-toxic fabrics
- You can find other less expensive baby loungers than this organic product.
- It’s machine-washable, but you can’t place the pillow in the dryer. Although you can air dry the pillows, that would certainly take a longer time than putting them in the dryer.
- Some parents complain that the colors bled when they first washed the covers, ruining the laundry load.
What Customers Say
“I know the FDA recommended against all of these but I’m more likely to kill my child from sleep deprivation. Colicky baby couldn’t sleep except upright on people and arched. Then she became ok sleeping with me in bed with her head propped on my arm. I felt unsafe so I got this and it’s been fantastic. Not only for nighttime sleep but toting it around for naps. I can put the baby in it on the couch next to me while she naps and I work.” – Reviewer on Amazon.
“Game changer!! Seriously use this allll the time when I need to get things done! She’s always so calm and chill in it. She loves it as much as I do.” – Reviewer on Snuggle Me Organic’s official website.
“This is definitely a baby must have for us – is recommend it to any new mom! We also have a boppy infant lounger we were gifted but I like this much better. It says do not let them sleep in it – we do but we always supervise closely when in use and our little is still to small to roll over on his own.” – Reviewer on Amazon.
“My daughter loves to lounge in it which is great, but she spit up a few times while in it, after cleaning it with soap and water the fabric has a pink tint to it now that can’t be removed. For the price I wish it didn’t stain so easily.” – Reviewer on buybuyBABY.
“I had high hopes when I got it. It was soft and seemed perfect for co-sleeping. My daughter went to sleep in it right away. I thought it was too good to be true… it was. Within about 5-10 minutes her eyes flew open and she started screaming bloody murder. When I picked her up her back was wet and she was burning up. I felt the lounger and it was also very hot to the touch. This thing retains heat at a dangerous level. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILD IN THIS!” – Reviewer on Amazon.
“My baby did not like this lounger. Not once did he stay in there for more than 5 min. The moment I would put him in there he would cry. As first time mom I thought this was a must have, but no. You don’t need this and there are better loungers. I personally feel like there is not enough space for the baby.” – Reviewer on buybuyBABY.
Snuggle Me Toddler Loungers
- Toddler lounger (9+ months old): $155
What Makes It Special?
- The toddler lounger has similar features as the infant lounger. The main difference is their size.
- The brand doesn’t indicate the actual dimensions of the toddler lounger on their website, but it’s larger than the infant size and requires babies to be at least nine months old, crawling, and measuring at least 21 inches from the top of their head up to the base of their bum.
Color and print options for the toddler loungers:
Summary & Recommendations
Both options for the Snuggle Me Baby Loungers have similar features, except for their sizes and number of color options.
They both have hypoallergenic fabrics, GOTS-certified organic cotton covers, and the same center-sling design.
For your baby’s safety, you can’t just pick any without considering their size and age. Our recommendations follow the manufacturer’s advice:
- Infant loungers are designed for newborns up to 8+ months old.
- Toddler loungers are for babies at least nine months old, already crawling, and are taller than 21 inches (measured from the top of their heads up to the base of their bums).
Although probably not a deal-breaker, the infant lounger has more color options than the toddler one.
Snuggle Me Baby Lounger Vs. DockATot Deluxe+ Dock
Is A Snuggle Me The Same As A DockATot?
Although they have some similarities, the Snuggle Me differs from the DockATot.
Which Baby Lounger Is Better?
Suppose you compare Snuggle Me Vs. DockATot Deluxe+, which baby product wins?
Both are among the favorite baby lounger brands. Deciding between them can be difficult, especially because each has its own strong and weak points.
Here are our recommendations:
Choose Snuggle Me Baby Loungers (for 0 to 8+ months old, $109 to $149) if you prefer:
- Hypoallergenic products that are made of GOTS-certified organic materials
- Loungers with a center sling design that mimics a cuddle
- Budget-friendly baby products that are easier on your wallet
- Loungers that don’t have straps and buckles which can lead to safety issues such as your baby’s feet or other body parts getting pinched by these extra parts
- Easy-to-remove lounger covers that you can top with puddle pads to help keep the pillow part dry
- Brands with a 60-day money-back guarantee to let you return the item if you aren’t satisfied with your purchase
Choose DockATot Deluxe+ Dock (for 0 to 8+ months old, $175 to $205) if you prefer:
- Products with European Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Class 1 certification to ensure they don’t have toxic and harmful chemicals (2)
- Baby products that have gone through more tests to ensure your baby’s safety
- Adjustable loungers that can grow with your baby
- Stylish lounger with a wider range of prints and colors to choose from
- Loungers with a larger, padded center that might be more comfortable for your baby (than the Snuggle Me’s unpadded center)
- Brands with a one-year warranty
- Loungers with additional accessories, such as an arch with baby toys or a cabana kit with a sunshade for outdoor use
Still, no matter which brand or baby lounger you choose, never use them as a sleeping device because they can increase your baby’s risk of suffocation and SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome).
How Long Can My Little One Sleep In A Snuggle Me?
Never let your baby sleep in a Snuggle Me or any other baby lounger, even if they’re being supervised.
These products are considered to be unsafe for sleeping by the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics). (3)
The AAP recommends moving your little one to a safe sleeping area with a firm, flat surface that’s free from any potential obstructions if you notice them looking drowsy and falling asleep.
Can Newborns Sleep In A Snuggle Me Lounger Overnight?
No. Reading through reviews on online shops and blogs, you might notice that many parents claim that their babies sleep peacefully through the night on these devices.
However, the AAP is against using these products for sleeping due to suffocation risks.
Is The Snuggle Cloud Baby Lounger Safe?
The Snuggle Cloud Baby Lounger is different from the Snuggle Me despite the similar names. Like other baby loungers, it can be safe for supervised activities when your baby is awake but should never be used for sleeping.
The Snuggle Cloud Baby Lounger ($80) has the following features:
- Contours with your baby’s shape instead of having an oval design
- Has sides that are thicker at the bottom and more flat for the upper portion
- A built-in head pillow to reduce the risk of flat-head syndrome
- Adjustable to fit a baby up to 12 months old (the Snuggle Me is for 0 to 8+ months old)
- Costs ($80) less than the Snuggle Me ($109 to $149)
Can You Receive Or Give Snuggle Me As a Gift?
Yes. Baby loungers are among the most popular baby essentials you can add to your registry wish list. It’s also possible to opt for a gift card.
Safety Tips For Using A Baby Lounger
Follow the AAP’s Safe Sleep recommendations: (3)
- Always put your baby to sleep on firm, flat surfaces, such as a crib, play yard, or bassinet.
- Never put crib bumpers, blankets, soft toys, baby pillows, or support pillows in your baby’s sleeping area to avoid suffocation risks.
- Never let your baby sleep in products that weren’t designed as a sleeping device, including inclined sleepers, car seats, strollers, rockers, swings, and baby loungers.
- The AAP doesn’t recommend swaddling as a strategy to reduce SIDS risk. But if you choose to swaddle your baby, don’t use weighted swaddles, and make sure to stop swaddling once they show any signs of rolling over.
How To Choose A Baby Lounger
- Check the product description to ensure you’re only buying a baby product free from toxic chemicals such as flame retardants.
- Check baby lounger product recalls and safety alerts.
The CPSC plans to recall all inclined sleepers, baby loungers, rockers, and similar baby products in mid-2022 after the approval of the Safe Sleep for Babies Act. However, as of press time (July 13, 2022), they still haven’t issued this anticipated recall.
Waterproof Vs. Breathable
Waterproof baby loungers might be less prone to staining and getting wet, but they might not be breathable.
We recommend choosing a breathable product over a waterproof one to reduce suffocation risks. You can always choose to buy extra covers to deal with spills, burping, and diaper accidents instead.
You can find different baby loungers for a wide range of prices.
However, aside from just looking at the price tag, comparing their features is good because the cheapest ones might not always be the best buy, but the most expensive ones aren’t always the best.
We recommend choosing products made with organic cotton or breathable muslin. However, non-organic loungers can still be safe as long as you check the label to ensure these products are free from flame retardants and other toxic chemicals.
Style & Design
Available in a wide range of styles and designs, some baby loungers even come with extras such as a changing pad, travel bag, canopy, and play gym with toys.
Baby loungers are also available in these different designs:
- Basic lounge pillow
- Nest or cocoon (with a flat or bare center and thick, plush edges that pull towards the middle to “hug” your baby)
- Oval bassinet with lounger
- Adjustable lounger
- Lounger with seat positioner
- Lounger and nursing pillow
- Lounger with rocker
- Lounger with bouncer chair
Length Of Use
You can pick a lounger that grows with your baby to get the best value for your money because most options might only be used for around 3-6 months.
Let’s face it, new moms like you have a lot of things going on at home with your new baby. So, easy-to-clean products are heaven-sent.
Machine-washable baby loungers are a good idea, although you’ll likely find more options with removable, machine-washable covers instead of an entire product that you can put in the machine.
While most baby loungers are too bulky to lug around for your trips, some options are lightweight and portable.
LaLaMe Organic comes with a travel bag, while Lulyboo Bassinet-To-Go converts into a backpack.
Other Baby Loungers To Try
These are other baby loungers you can try, but they should never be used for sleeping, only for supervised lounging, tummy time, and playtime:
- Dock-A-Tot The Grand Dock
- Babymoov Cosydream Lounger
- Infantino Prop-A-Pillar Tummy Time & Seated Support
- Boppy Nursing Pillow
- Snuggle Me Organic Baby Lounger & Infant Floor Seat
- LaLaMe Organic & Water-Resistant Newborn Baby Nest
- Lulyboo Bassinet-To-Go Metro
- Original Topponcino Montessori Pillow
- Baby Bjorn Lounger & Bouncer
- Mamibaby Extra Plush, Double-Sided Baby Lounger Nest & Baby Pillow
- Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker Chair
- Utopia Bedding Cuddling Baby Pillow/Lounger
- Miracle Baby Cosleeping Multifunctional Baby Pillow/Lounger
- KeaBabies Spine-Friendly Ergonomic Baby Pillow/Lounger
- Mestron Portable Baby Lounger
- Cosy Nation Baby Lounger
- Tadpoles Moses Basket
- Leachco Podster