All About The Hello Bello Brand
Hello Bello bills itself as a company that sells plant-based premium baby products at non-premium prices.
Who Owns Hello Bello?
Hollywood actors and husband and wife team Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard co-founded Hello Bello for their two daughters.
Is Hello Bello A Good Diaper Brand?
Yes. Hello Bello is a cruelty-free brand that prioritizes non-GMO ingredients (free from GMOs or genetically modified organisms) and uses as many organic ingredients as possible.
According to the brand’s help desk, they’re currently in the process of getting Non-GMO Project Verified and are already following the Project’s best practice standards.
Hello Bello Diapers & Training Pants
The number of items varies per pack or bundle (see below), depending on the diaper sizes and types.
Daytime Baby Diapers
- Size N or newborn (up to 10 lbs), 32 diapers per pack or 224 per bundle
- Size 1 (8 to 12 lbs), 32 diapers per pack or 224 per bundle
- Size 2 (10 to 16 lbs), 30 diapers per pack or 210 per bundle
- Size 3 (14 to 24 lbs), 25 diapers per pack or 175 per bundle
- Size 4 (22 to 37 lbs), 21 diapers per pack or 147 per bundle
- Size 5 (27+ lbs), 18 diapers per pack or 126 per bundle
- Size 6 (35+ lbs), 17 diapers per pack or 119 per bundle
The diapers are available in seven packs per bundle (can be mixed with overnight diapers).
Nighttime (Overnight) Baby Diapers
- Size 3 (14 to 24 lbs), 23 diapers per pack or 161 per bundle
- Size 4 (22 to 37 lbs), 20 diapers per pack or 140 per bundle
- Size 5 (27+ lbs), 17 diapers per pack or 119 per bundle
- Size 6 (35+ lbs), 16 diapers per pack or 112 per bundle
- Size 12-24M (16 to 28 lbs), 27 training pants per pack or 162 per bundle
- Size 2T-3T (18 to 34 lbs), 24 training pants per pack or 150 per bundle
- Size 3T-4T (32 to 40 lbs), 21 training pants per pack or 132 per bundle
- Size 4T-5T (38+ lbs), 18 training pants per pack or 108 per bundle
The pull-ups are available in six packs per bundle.
- Small (diaper size 3 or 12-24M, 14 to 24 lbs), 20 swim diapers per pack
- Medium (diaper sizes 4-5 or 2T-3T, 22 to 37 lbs), 18 swim diapers per pack
- Large (diaper size 6 or 3T-4T, 35+ lbs), 17 swim diapers per pack
What Makes It Special?
All Hello Bello baby diapers and training pants are unscented, hypoallergenic, and made with cruelty-free, eco-friendly ingredients that are free from:
- Artificial fragrance
- TBT (tributyltin)
- DBT (dibutyltin)
- MBT (monobutyltin)
The brand also assures consumers that these disposable diaper products have undergone 100% chlorine-free processing.
These hypoallergenic products can be gentle on your baby’s sensitive skin.
Hello Baby disposable diapers and training pants are available in various sizes. You get to pick one that can provide the best fit for your baby.
Available In Bundles With Other Baby Essentials
You can save money by buying the Hello Bello products in a bundle.
Each bundle costs $69.99 and comes with:
- Seven packs of diapers or six packs of training pants
- Four packs of Hello Bello baby wipes
Getting the bundle makes you eligible for additional perks:
- Early access to exclusive or seasonal prints (some not found in stores)
- Surprise freebies from time to time
- Fun boxes that convert into kids’ toys (e.g., the 2019 holiday box converted into a gingerbread house)
- 15% discount off add-on products of other baby essentials (you can mix and match up to five each bundle)
- 20% discount for military families and first-responders
- Alphabet soup
- Sleepy sloths (white background)
Nighttime or overnight diapers:
- Snoozy sloths (green background with sleep texts like “ZZZ” and “sleep tight”)
- Sleepy campers
- Heart eyes
- Li’l barkers
- Cloud party
- Cool dudes
- Bedtime Stories + Space Travelers
- Sugar Rush + Tea Time
Soft & Absorbent (Reduced Blowouts)
The brand claims its diapers are super absorbent and have a soft, cloth-like feel inside and out.
The stretchy, comfy fit also helps reduce blowouts.
Shipping Box Transforms Into A Toy
Hello Bello uses creative boxes that can transform into a toy for your kids.
For example, they can convert into a gingerbread house, rocket, airplane, barn, etc.
- Materials: Sustainably harvested fluff pulp, plant-derived absorbent core liner, super absorbent polymer, plant-derived PLA (polylactic acid) nonwoven fiber, spandex strands, an elastomeric film, and polypropylene/polyethylene/polyester nonwoven fibers
- Product Safety: Hypoallergenic; free from artificial fragrance, phthalates, parabens, lotions, latex, TBT, DBT, MBT
- Size Range: N to size 6 for baby diapers; sizes 12-24M to 4T-5T for training pants
- Fit: Stretchy, comfy fit with adjustable tabs
- Absorbency: Premium absorbency
- Absorb Channels: Not indicated
- Wetness Indicator: Yes, but only for N to size 2
- Leak Protection: Yes, the ruffles around the legs are designed for leak protection
- Air Channels: Not indicated
- Umbilical Cord Notch: Not indicated
- Hours of Protection: Not indicated
- Other Special Features: Available in a wide range of prints
Average Overnight Absorption
Some customers complained that the daytime baby diapers have average overnight absorption.
Hello Bello offers overnight diapers only for sizes 3 to 6, but none are available for the smaller sizes.
Limited Retailers: Is Hello Bello Exclusive To Walmart?
No. Although Hello Bello is available from limited retailers, it isn’t exclusively sold at Walmart. Other stores and retailers selling this brand include the following:
- Hello Bello online store
Not 100% Organic
The diapers aren’t 100% organic.
Summary & Recommendations: Should You Buy These Diapers?
Choose Hello Bello Baby diapers and training pants if:
- You prefer a cruelty-free brand that prioritizes non-GMO, eco-friendly ingredients
- You like that this brand features hypoallergenic diapers free from toxic ingredients such as latex, phthalates, lotions, artificial fragrances, parabens, TBT, DBT, and MBT
- You’re looking for a brand that offers a wide range of sizes from newborns (up to 10 lbs) to size 6 (35+ lbs for baby diapers, 38+ lbs for training pants)
- You want baby diapers in different prints
- You prefer a brand that offers diaper bundles with baby wipes and other baby essentials
- You want a brand that offers or accepts gift cards (available on their official website, hellobello.com)
- You want options for daytime, overnight, or swim diapers and pull-ups
- You don’t mind that it isn’t 100% organic
- You’re a fan of Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard
Do Hello Bello Diapers Have A Pee Indicator?
Yes, but only for the smaller sizes (N to 2).
The brand’s help desk explains that they only provide the wetness indicator in the smaller diapers because the visibly swollen, warped shape of full diapers can be easier to see for the larger sizes.
They advise parents to change diapers anytime they look swollen.
Did Walmart Stop Selling Hello Bello?
No. Walmart still sells Hello Bello diapers.
Hello Bello Vs. Other Diaper Brands
Which Is Better: Hello Bello Or The Honest Company?
Both brands offer plant-based, eco-friendly diapers that you can buy a la carte or in bundles. They also have similar size options (N to size 6).
Advantages Of Hello Bello Diapers
They cost less. Here’s a comparison of the prices for a pack of 32 newborn diapers:
- $8.99 per pack for Hello Bello
- $11.99 for The Honest Company
Advantages Of The Honest Company Diapers
Some Honest Company diapers have the following extra features:
- Quick absorb channels that can help prevent leaks
- Quilted bubble liner that can quickly draw wetness away from your baby’s skin
- Poo pockets as a double backup to help prevent blowouts
Cost Comparison Vs. Other Brands
Diaper costs can vary depending on the brand, size, and type (e.g., daytime vs. overnight diapers).
Here are some examples of the daytime diaper (newborn size) prices among different brands:
- Mama Bear (Amazon brand): $7.74 per pack of 30 diapers
- Hello Bello: $8.99 per pack of 32 diapers
- Huggies Little Snugglers: $9.94 per pack of 31 diapers
- The Honest Company: $11.99 per pack of 32 diapers
- Pampers Pure Protection: $11.99 per pack of 31 diapers
Other Hello Bello Baby Wellness & Personal Care Products
- Baby wipes
- Hand soap
- Baby shampoo and wash
- Hair conditioner
- Everywhere balm
- Mosquito repellent
- Diaper rash cream
- Baby lotion
- SPF 55+ (sun protection factor) sunscreen lotion
- SPF 50 baby mineral sunscreen spray
- SPF 30 sunscreen stick
- Organic baby powder
- Baby oil
- Bubble bath