Tommee Tippee Formula Dispensers & The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Buy Them
Tommee Tippee formula dispensers are designed to fit inside the brand’s Closer to Nature Baby Bottles. Getting both products allows you to save space in your diaper bag without premixing your baby’s formula.
One dispenser can fit inside a 9-ounce Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature baby bottle even if there’s water inside.
Both are designed to go together without water getting into the formula dispenser.
When your baby is ready for their formula, you’ll only need to pour the powder from the dispenser into the feeding bottle and shake it. You can put the formula dispenser back in the bottle when they’re done drinking. This reduces clutter and stuff taking up extra space in your diaper bag.
These dispensers might also fit baby bottles from other brands, such as Nuk Simply Natural bottles (plastic variant only).
Still, even if you’re using other baby bottle brands, you can use Tommee Tippee formula dispensers, but these might not fit inside the bottle. In that case, you can simply use them similarly to other formula containers.
What Are Formula Dispensers Used For?
Formula dispensers are formula-feeding essentials that are usually small and made of plastic. The container is designed to store, dispense, and transport baby formula.
Often, these dispensers have separate compartments or sections where you can put scoops of formula enough for one feeding bottle.
Because they’re handy for transporting baby formula, many formula containers are also ideal as travel formula dispensers.
Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Baby Formula Dispenser
The brand currently has only one kind of formula dispenser, the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Baby Formula Dispenser.
- Six containers per pack: $7.29
What Makes It Special?
- Individual containers, with each able to hold up to eight scoops of formula
- Space-saving design, with each formula container fitting inside a 9-ounce Tommee Tippee baby bottle
- Material: Plastic
- Safety Features: Phthalate-free and BPA-free (bisphenol-A)
- Compartments: One compartment for every individual container
- Stackability: They aren’t stackable with each other but they’re designed to fit inside the baby bottle
- Dimensions (in inches): 6.5 * 4.5 * 2.5
- Dishwasher safe: Yes
- Capacity: Formula enough to prepare a 9-oz bottle
- Some customers complained that their containers were too small to fit enough formula for a 9-oz bottle.
What Customers Say
“I bought these for my son and it was so much more convenient and space saving when it came to packing up the diaper bag. I also loved how easily the formula came out into the bottle! Perfect for on the go quick bottle preparation!” – Reviewer on Tommee Tippee’s website.
“What I love about this is it fits right into the tommee tippiee bottles, so you don’t have to carry anything bulky to transport your formula. You can put the water in the bottle and the formula in this, and then in the bottle to keep them separated until you are ready to feed. Then once you want to mix them the little too comes out and makes a small spout to pour the formula in without spilling it all over. It’s great to just be able to take out a bottle and have everything you need without additional containers. For me this holds 3 scoops for formula (but that’s about the max).” – Reviewer on Amazon.
“I recieved 2 of these as part of a gift set. If you are always on the go and your insulator bag doesn’t last all day, using these can save you tons of hastle. Normally you have to make the formula but it has to be used within 2 hours, but with these, you premeasure your formula and water, then mix it when ready. It also made night time feeding easier because I don’t have to fumble around with measurements or turn on lights which could disturb my daughter. I keep a ready-to-go bottle in the nursery and when she wakes up, I pretty much make the bottle in the dark!” – Reviewer on Tommee Tippee’s website.
“The description states that these are big enough to fit formula for 8 ounces which is 8 scoops but they only fit 6 scoops. I tried putting 8 scoops but then the lid doesn’t fit on!” – Reviewer on Amazon.
“We got a sample one of these with out steriliser and it worked great. Bought this pack and tried to use 2 today and they didn’t fit the bottle right. Needless to say water got all in the dry container during travel and rendered the formula un-usable. I was very upset!!!” – Reviewer on Tommee Tippee’s website.
“False advertising on package. It says it fits up to eight scoops. It only fits two scoops of my daughters formula.” – Reviewer on Tommee Tippee’s website.
Top 10 Reasons To Buy Tommee Tippee Formula Dispensers
Whether you’re using Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Baby Bottles or not, Tommee Tippee Formula Dispensers can be a useful container for bringing baby formula on the go.
These formula dispensers work best with the same brand’s bottles to maximize the design features and the space in your diaper bag.
The formula containers can also work even if you’re using other brands. They might not fit inside the baby bottle, but they can still store formula and keep it from spilling while you’re on the go.
The top 10 reasons to choose Tommee Tippee Formula Dispensers:
- You’re using Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Baby Bottles (to maximize its space-saving design)
- You want a dispenser that’s BPA-free and phthalate-free
- You need a hygienic formula container that helps you save time and avoid formula spillage
- You want in-bottle formula dispensers to save space compared to using a separate bulky container
- You prefer individual containers that can fit a single preparation of baby formula
- You want a container that lets you make up the feed on-demand, eliminating the risk of the milk spoiling
- You don’t mind that the containers aren’t stackable
- You don’t need a multi-compartment container for preparing more than one formula bottle
- Your baby’s formula brand uses a regular scoop (like those used for Enfamil, for example)
- You need a formula dispenser for easy mixing at daycare or when you’re on the go
Other Tommee Tippee Baby Essentials For Formula Feeding
Here are some baby essentials you can add to your wishlist or prepare for formula feeding:
- Tommee Tippee bottles (Closer to Nature Baby Bottles with anti-colic valves, available in silicone, BPA-free plastic, or glass)
- Tommee Tippee insulated bottle bags ($23.39)
- Micro-Steam Microwave Sterilizer ($39.99)
- Tommee Tippee Steri-Steam Electric Steam Sterilizer ($75.99)
- Advanced Steri-Dryer Electric Sterilizer ($109.99)
- Ultra UV 3-in-1 Sterilizer, Dryer, and Storage ($209.99)
- Tommee Tippee Formula Machine ($130.99)
- Travel Bottle and Baby Food Warmer ($25.99)
- Easi-warm Electric Bottle and Food Warmer ($38.59)
- 3-in-1 Advanced Electric Bottle and Pouch Warmer ($58.49)
Where Is Tommee Tippee Based?
Tommee Tippee is a brand of childcare products based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom. Its parent company, the Mayborn Group, is owned by Chinese insurance company Ping An Insurance.
It is the fifth-largest child care product company in the world.
How Long Can You Keep Baby Formula Powder In A Dispenser?
Baby formula in an unopened lasts up to the “best before” date on the packaging. However, opened infant formula usually expires within a month from opening.
When transferred to a different container (e.g., a travel dispenser), there isn’t a guarantee that it can last for one month because the container might contain pathogens. If possible, use the baby formula in the dispenser within 24 hours or less.
Is A Formula Dispenser Necessary?
You aren’t required to get a milk powder formula dispenser. Still, it can actually be quite handy, whether you’re traveling, leaving your child in daycare and preschool, or preparing infant formula bottles in the middle of the night.
How Do Powder Dispensers Work?
Different brands have varied designs, but most of them work similarly.
Here’s how to use the Tommee Tippee Formula Dispensers:
- Clean the dispenser with soap and water, including the lids and caps.
- Be sure it’s completely dry before use.
- Before each use, inspect the container for signs of cracking or damage.
- Put scoops of formula in each compartment, enough to make one bottle. Check the formula label or packaging to make sure. Many baby formulas require two scoops per ounce of water, but others can require different amounts. Use only the scoop provided to prepare the formula.
- Close the lid and caps of the dispenser tightly.
- You can secure it inside your baby’s bottle (Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Baby Bottles, plastic Nuk Simply Natural bottles, or other compatible bottles).
- Pack it in your diaper bag or put on the nightstand.
- Once ready to use, open the lid and pour the contents into the baby bottle (with the correct amount of water).
Do You Need To Sterilize Formula Dispensers?
Not all formula dispensers can be sterilized. Check the label. Most are dishwasher safe (top rack) but can’t be put inside a sterilizer.
Whether sterilized or not, always make sure the dispenser container is clean and dry before use.
How Do You Sterilize Tommee Tippee Milk Powder Dispensers?
Tommee Tippee Formula Dispensers are different from other containers because they’re suitable for varied kinds of sterilization: boiling, microwave, electric sterilizer, and cold water tablet or liquid solution.
To sterilize, make sure to first wash the dispenser with soap and water or put it in the dishwasher. Don’t mix utensils with oil-based or colorful foods because these can cause staining.
Then, put it in the container where you plan to sterilize it.
Tommee Tippee recommends 5 minutes as the optimum time for hot water sterilization.
How Do You Travel With Your Formula-Fed Baby?
Create a checklist of what your little one might need in packing your baby’s essentials. Baby products to put in the diaper bag can include:
- Baby wipes
- Burp cloths
- Ample formula to last the entire trip (if you’re bottle-feeding your baby)
- Pre-sterilized baby bottles
- Travel formula dispensers (with pre-measured powder formulas)
You can also use bottle liners, especially if a sterilizer isn’t available during a long trip.
Can I Take Powdered Formula On A Plane?
Yes. If you’re traveling with young ones, you can bring baby formula on the plane. You can also bring expressed breast milk or a portable breast pump for pumping on board. However, check the airline’s policy because some airlines might not allow it.
How To Choose A Formula Dispenser
- Safety (BPA-free and phthalate-free)
- Number of compartments or single containers
- Ease of use
- Airtight with less migration (to avoid formula spilling to other sections/compartments)
- Easy clean-ups
- Good value
Some formula dispensers also have a wide mouth and removable dividers so that you can use them as snack cups or baby food containers.
Other Formula Dispensers To Try
- Philips Avent Powder Formula Dispenser & Snack Cup
- Dr. Brown’s Formula Dispenser
- Skip Hop Easy-Fill Baby Formula Dispenser
- Oxo Tot No-Spill Formula Dispenser
- Joovy Boob Formula Dispenser
- The Baby’s Brew Portable Bottle Warmer Pro & Formula Dispenser Set
- Munchkin Formula Dispenser Combo Pack
You can also find bigger storage containers (for use when you need more formula for traveling, but the formula’s original container is too big).
How Do You Use The Tommee Tippee Formula Machine?
The Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Day & Night Formula Machine is ideal for nighttime formula preparations, but they’re also handy even for daytime use.
It saves time because you can prepare your baby’s formula in just two minutes.
Follow the steps below to prepare your baby’s bottle using the formula machine.
You can prepare these ahead of time:
- Put enough baby milk powder in a formula dispenser and put it on the table. You can fill as many containers as the number of feeds your baby might need throughout the night (or day).
- Fill the formula machine’s water tank.
- Place your baby’s bottles on the table, preferably with the lid on, to reduce the risks of contamination or having insects get inside.
Once your baby needs a bottle, you can simply follow these steps:
- Set the machine to the volume you need to prepare.
- Open the bottle and put it in the slot.
- Press the button and wait for it to stop dripping hot water in the bottle.
- Pour the pre-measured formula from the dispenser into the bottle. Shake.
- Return the bottle to its spot in the machine.
- Push the button again.
- Wait for the water to stop dripping.
- Shake again.
- Double-check the formula’s temperature before giving it to your baby.
The machine provides your baby with formula prepared with the right combination of hot water to easily dissolve the powder and cooler water to get it down to room temperature, similar to breast milk.