When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.
– Dr. Jean Shinoda Bolen, Author, Jungian Analyst, Activist
Throughout the ages, we humans have been on a never-ending quest for eternal life and eternal youth.
Is it possible we’ve found it today?
A quick overview of Elixirs of Life throughout history…
Alchemists from different eras and locations in the world attempted to convert base metals into pure gold as a process of transforming matter.
The concept of a universal Elixir of Life (aka Elixir Vitae in Latin, and Elixir of Immortality) has been a common theme in many world cultures.
It’s the idea of a magical potion thought to cure all ailments and offer the drinker a long life.
In ancient Greece it was known as Ambrosia.
It was believed that Ambrosia could reverse illness and heal scars and wounds.
In Egyptian and Greek mythology you may hear about the legend of Thoth and Hermes who were thought to have drunk this liquid gold and achieved immortality.
According to Wikipedia, several emperors of ancient China sought out this elixir by any means necessary.
Emperor Qin Shi Huang from the Qin Dynasty sent Taoist alchemist Xu Fu along with 1,000 men and women to sail the eastern seas in search of the elixir.
They were never seen again.
If you study the European alchemists of the middle ages you’ll most likely have heard the name Nicolas Flamel thanks to J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter.
The Elixir of Life was referred to as the Philosopher’s Stone during this time period.
In Christianity, the Elixir is referred to as ‘Water of Life’ or ‘Fountain of Life.’
Today’s real-life Elixir offers many potent (and proven) benefits:
You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.
– Yogi Bhajan, Spiritual teacher who introduced Kundalini Yoga to the US
Fast forward to today and it’s no secret that our culture is still very much obsessed with increasing longevity and reversing aging.
Who doesn’t want to live longer and age more gracefully, right?
The Elixir of Life as we know it may be very much a fantasy… but that doesn’t mean we don’t have our modern-day version.
This modern-day version is evidence-based and science backs it up.
Forget base metals and weird substances – today’s Elixir has only five ingredients and they can all be found at any general supermarket.
It’s no secret that unmanaged chronic stress and inflammation lead to accelerated aging and disease that kills us.
These five ingredients offer us a potent antidote to all of this.
This Elixir is extremely anti-inflammatory and its properties can help undo the many negative effects of chronic stress.
Taken on a daily basis it will help to slow down the aging of your cells, helping you extend longevity.
Each time you choose to ingest this Elixir you’re choosing yourself.
Life is made up of little choices.
Each choice is a symbol.
You’re either choosing for yourself or against yourself.
You may not notice the cost that comes with choosing against yourself once, or twice… or even three times.
But eventually, the cumulative effect becomes noticeable and you begin to see how not choosing you affects you.
The Elixir of Life (Turmeric Lemon Water)
What’s In It?
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
*A dash of black pepper (to ensure your body absorbs the healing properties of turmeric!)
Mix everything and chug. Or sip.
Let this Elixir become a symbol to you.
This radiant, bright orange drink can represent you choosing yourself, your vitality, your glow, your life force.
Every morning you drink this you’re saying ‘yes’ to Life – to your health, your inner power, and your inner light.
Drinking it is self-care and nurturing yourself.
It’s gifting yourself the healing nutrients and properties that promise so much in something so simple.
Nature is abundant and bountiful.
Now, this Elixir is a miracle worker but… it requires your magic touch to be fully active.
Proven Elixir Benefits Broken Down By Ingredient:
- Excellent little energy boost first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Contains electrolytes like potassium, calcium, and magnesium which helps to hydrate the body, especially upon awaking. 
- Antioxidant – packed with Vitamin C, which is not only great for radiant skin, but also makes for a powerful infection fighter and immunity booster. (It also helps the body fight free-radicals that cause aging.) 
- Citric Acid helps the body improve digestion. 
- Helps cleanse your blood vessels and artery walls thereby promoting healthy blood flow and blood pressure. 
- Also cleanses the liver by releasing toxins and stimulating more enzyme production. 
- Anti-inflammatory 
- Alkaline – helps raise your pH levels so you can fight off diseases with more potency.
- Contains flavonoids, which are not only cancer-fighting but also antibiotic. 
- Fat burner – thanks to their high Vitamin C content. (People with Vitamin C deficiencies are shown to oxidize less fat )
- 1 organic lemon a day, keeps the ailments at away!
- This cousin to the ginger root contains Curcumin, its active compound.
- Curcumin has been found to be a powerful anti-inflammatory compound 
- Curcumin has also been found to be an anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal 
- Prolonged curcumin use also may protect your brain. Some research suggests that its neuroprotective properties include cognitive improvement/enhancement and ‘neurogenesis’ (growth and development of neurons) 
- Powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals, thereby promoting cell health. 
- Taken daily, it improves digestion: reduces gas and bloating, stimulates the gallbladder, and decreases inflammation of digestive tract. 
- Improves blood flow/good circulation and prevents blood clots. 
- Heart health – protects from cardiovascular diseases. 
- Anti-aging and appears to protect from age-related diseases. 
- Cancer fighting – studies indicate it can prevent cancer proliferation (growth) as well as inhibit its development and metastasis. 
- Curcumin is poorly absorbed in the body but by adding a pinch of black pepper absorption can increase by 2000% because of piperine, the molecule responsible for giving pepper it’s strong smell. 
- Recommended dose for adults is about 1 teaspoon/day, unless you have gallbladder issues, in which case consult your doctor.
- Active component is called Capsaicin.
- You can burn up to 50 extra calories per day and reduce belly fat. 
- Suppresses appetite 
- Boosts metabolism thereby burning more fat! (Daily, prolonged use recommended for maximum benefits.) 
- Capsaicin can temporarily increase your body’s fat burning mode by up to 16%! 
- 1 tsp. provides you with 44% of the daily value of antioxidant Vitamin A, which you need for healthy vision, immune system, neurological function, and healthy skin. 
- Antioxidant packed – flavonoids, potassium, manganese, vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin E, phenolic acids, carotenoids, ascorbic acid, tocopherols all help protect cells. 
- Anti-inflammatory – Helps reduce inflammation and bloating that comes from food sensitivities, infections, and allergies. 
- Supports normal blood sugar by stabilizing glucose levels. Also shown to promote healthy insulin levels. 
- Anti-irritant – studies have found that cayenne doesn’t stimulate but inhibits acid secretion, stimulates alkali and mucus secretions which helps in the prevention and healing of ulcers. 
- Anti-fungal – studies show cayenne to be active against 16 different fungal strains, including Candida. 
- Heart & blood health – may reduce “bad” cholesterol and may help prevent blood clots, allowing more blood to flow. 
- Daily recommended dose is varied.
- Note: Capsaicin may interact with certain medications, for example those used to treat high blood pressure or diabetes, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. It’s best to consult with your doctor if you are on any prescription medication before consuming.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV):
- Heart health – studies on rats have shown that their blood pressure could be lowered by the acetic acid found in ACV  and has also been shown to decrease “bad” cholesterol in other animal studies 
- Weight loss – seems to have an anti-obesity effect that increases your ‘fullness’ sensors and therefore reduces the amount of food consumed. 
- If you consume ACV before a meal it cushions energy crash after carb heavy/sugary meal by lowering glucose and insulin responses – it slows the sugar rush in your bloodstream. 
- Antimicrobial effect 
- Antioxidant effect – bioactive substances such as polyphenols and vitamins in ACV defend against oxidative stress. 
- Anti diabetic effect – insulin sensitivity has been improved through vinegar treatment in 19% of individuals with type 2 diabetes and 34% with pre diabetes. Acetic acid in ACV may prevent the complete digestion of complex carbs by either accelerating gastric emptying or by increasing the uptake of glucose by tissues resulting in reduced blood glucose levels. 
There you have it: over 40 benefits to taking this little sucker daily.
Give the Elixir a shot to see what it can unlock for you.
Create a sacred morning ritual around it and drink it every day with gratitude and intention.