I came down with a little head cold over the weekend. I had an especially sore and dry throat so I grabbed a pack of Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops. They’re not kidding when they call these “softish” cough drops. They look like your standard hard-candy-style cough drop but they’re slightly chewy and tender.
I’ve loved this brand since I was a kid and I’m not the only one. My mother-in-law prefers then as well! Here’s what I like about them:
- The size; they’re just right, not giant like a jawbreaker or tiny like a mint.
- The flavor; they stop just short of tasting like candy and are not at all medicinal tasting like some other brands.
- The texture; they bend easily but they’re not easy to bite into.
- The consistency; they dissolve slowly so they are very long lasting.
- The effectiveness: they do a great job of lubricating a dry throat.
- They are gluten free.
- They have only 5 calories per drop.
- They are made in the USA!
If you leave them in the fridge or in a cold car overnight they temporarily increase in hardness so they’re almost like two cough drops in one!
I like to keep a container in my cars cup holder, in case of emergency. You can find them in most stores and on Amazon.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.